Academic Renewal

Students who return to the College after a separation of five years or more (at the end of the last enrolled semester) may petition for academic renewal. The request must be made by completing the Academic Renewal Application form with an academic advisor and submitting it to the Admissions and Records Office.

For students who are found eligible for academic renewal, values for “D” and “F” grades earned prior to re-enrollment will be deleted from the cumulative and curriculum grade point average (GPA), subject to the following conditions:

  • Prior to petitioning for academic renewal, students must demonstrate a renewed academic interest and effort by earning at least a 2.5 GPA in the first twelve (12) semester hours completed after re-enrollment.
  • All grades received at the College will be a part of the student’s official transcript.
  • Students will receive degree credit only for courses in which grades of “C” or better were earned prior to academic renewal, providing that such courses meet current curriculum requirements.
  • Total hours for graduation will be based on all coursework taken at the College after re-enrollment, as well as former coursework for which a grade of “C” or better was earned, and credits transferred from other colleges or universities.
  • The academic renewal policy may be used only once and cannot be revoked once approved.