Request a Transcript

Students may request that a copy of their permanent record (transcript) from Blue Ridge Community College be forwarded to other educational institutions, state or federal agencies, employers, or any person(s) designated by the student. The request must be authorized by the individual student. The most efficient way a student can make a request is through After the student creates an account, he/she can begin to place transcript requests through Parchment®. The fee begins at $3.00 and may increase depending on the choice of delivery. The other option is to request a paper transcript in the student’s SIS account, which involves a 2-3 week processing time.

Due to limitations on access to student information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-380) (FERPA), telephone and third-party requests for transcripts cannot be honored without appropriate documentation. Normally, transcripts from other educational institutions which have become part of the student’s academic record at Blue Ridge may not be duplicated or released, although such records are available for inspection by the individual student.