Students will be eligible for a full refund of fees for classes dropped during the specified add/drop periods as listed on the College’s website. It is the student’s responsibility to know the appropriate refund dates. There will be no refund after the add/drop period has passed, unless the student has withdrawn from the class and written documentation is submitted to support the existence of one of the following special circumstances:
- Unanticipated medical emergency, resulting in extended incapacitation/hospitalization of the student.
- Extreme, sudden and unforeseen financial hardship.
- Death of an immediate family member.
- Institutional errors by BRCC personnel that cause the delay of administrative processes related to registration or withdrawal. The request for refund in these instances must be initiated through the BRCC office responsible for the error.
- A national emergency or mobilization declared by the President of the United States and in accordance with Section 23-9.6.2 of the Code of Virginia.
More detailed information about the Tuition Refund Appeals process can be obtained from the Office of Admissions and Records or the BRCC website http://www.brcc.edu/Assets/uploads/forms/form-tuition-refund-request.pdf.
Note: Special session courses (less than a term in length) have shorter add/drop dates. Consult the Academic Calendar listing at http://www.brcc.edu/academics/academic-calendar/index.html for exact dates.
Refunds in the amount of $1.00 or less will not be processed.